- This event has passed.
In October, The Rees-Jones Foundation will host the Professionals in Christian Philanthropy site visit. This meeting is focused on the nuts and bolts of our profession. At the site visit, the host foundation essentially lifts the hood and allows the rest of us to see how their operation runs.
During the site visit in Dallas, The Foundation team will primarily share around three areas:
- Working in community through the development of deep relationships with partners
- Recent work on developing strategy in order to be more effective in managing interest area portfolios
- Ongoing efforts to create processes and tools for consistency and effectiveness
We aim to make this a very interactive time, hoping for fruitful dialogue about these concerns and practices that, we know, many of our PCP peers are working to improve. Time will also be devoted to fellowship and networking with one another.
Details and Schedule
- We will gather for an informal dinner on Sunday night, October 16th at 6:30 p.m. with those whose travel schedules permit.
- On Monday, October 17th we will start at 8:15 a.m. sharp in the Rees-Jones Foundation’s Office suite for a stationed breakfast.
- The group will participate in a full day of casual presentation, discussion and mutual sharing.
- We will have some PCP group time / table talks over lunch.
- The general sessions will conclude around 4pm.
- We hope you will stay over and join in a dinner for some additional networking time on Monday night.
- The Rees-Jones Foundation’s offices are at 8111 Westchester Dr., Dallas, TX 75225
- Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) is the major nearby airport, a 30-45 minute uber ride from the foundation’s offices. If you can fly Southwest, Love Field Airport (DAL) is very convenient and only 15 minutes away.
- The Park Cities Hilton is just a few blocks away from the foundation, and is offering us a reduced rate (10% off the best available rate at the time of booking). To make a reservation there, please use this booking link. Please note that the room rates change daily. (Click the link, go to the special rate page and THEN change the booking dates – rather than going to hotel main booking page first with the October dates. You can also enter the code 2538741 after clicking the special rate button).
- Other hotels also nearby – but not walkable – are: Hyatt Place Central, the Doubletree Hotel and The Lumen.
- There is no fee to attend the site visit, and The Rees-Jones Foundation will cover the cost of meals.
We hope to see many of you there! To attend, please email your RSVP to Kate Sedgwick by replying to this email. We look forward to seeing you in October!